- The EIROforum Science-Business WISSAB has been postponed. A new date and venue will be announced soon. If you want to stay informed about the workshop, please subscribe to our mailing list.
This workshop provides an interactive forum for EIROforum members, industry and SME’s in the challenging, multidisciplinary and strategic area relating to the visualization of biological structures at different scales; from proteins via X-ray radiation to cells and tissues using light microscopy.
The event addresses the increased interest of European scientists to elucidate the fundamental processes and molecular players that govern cellular organization and function. Researchers are establishing new approaches to bridge the different scales of resolution which in turn generates new challenges. The conference brings together leading experts from the scientific community, instrumentation and pharma/biotech industries with cutting edge applications that illustrate how structure analysis aids our understanding of biological processes. The workshop will focus on methods that are able to capture the structure(s) of biological molecules and systems ranging from atomic resolution to imaging of cells. Challenges will be addressed and potential solutions will be discussed.
The workshop aims to build a bridge and foster interaction and partnerships between EIROforum scientists, instrument developers and commercial end-users, and to help initiate collaborative efforts. Additionally, new collaborative business models for knowledge and technology transfer of instruments & methods for structure analysis from/between EIROforum and industry will be discussed.
- Visualizing biological structures at different scales: from X-ray radiation to light microscopy
- Challenges in bridging scales in structure analysis and visualization
- Applications: Molecular Biology, structure based drug development, quality control
- New business models for interactions between industry & EIROforum members
Who should attend?
- Developers & System Providers in instrumentation for structure resolution & imaging
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industry
- EIROforum Instrumentation developers & Core Facility managers
- EC representatives